It’s Brisbane wedding expo time! From Brisbane’s biggest wedding expo on April 5-7 to Moda’s showcase on April 17, April is the ideal month for Brisbane brides to find a wealth of wedding ideas and inspiration — without the stress.
Are you excited? A little overwhelmed? Unsure of how to make the most of the day?
Take a deep breath! In this article, we’ll show you how to get the most out of Brisbane’s parade of wedding expos, including what questions you need to ask, and how to use the expos to help take the stress out of planning your wedding day.
The Value of Attending The Brisbane Wedding Expo
Wedding expos make planning your wedding easier. MUCH easier. We’re not exaggerating.
If you’re going to visit a Brisbane wedding expo, we recommend deciding on a few goals first. This means deciding what exactly you want to get out of the event. What are you interested in sampling? Food and catering? Floral designs? Photography? Entertainment? Do you want to get a feel for the personality of your potential wedding coordinator? Wedding expos are a great opportunity to ask your most burning questions and ‘try before you buy’.
How To Make The Most Out Of Attending A Wedding Expo
Here are some recommendations for making the most out of your wedding expo experience:
- Plan ahead and make a list of the wedding suppliers you need. Have you booked your wedding photographer yet? Your marriage celebrant? Your hair and makeup artist? Your venue?
- Attend with an open mind. Relax, soak in the fun and spirit of the day, and see what ideas speak to you. If you’re in the early stages of planning your wedding, this is the perfect chance to hunt for ideas!
- Take advantage of this rare opportunity to speak with a Moda wedding coordinator one on one before booking. These are the guys who are experts in helping couples’ dream wedding come true!
- Figure out what style of wedding appeals to you, and find suppliers at the event who you feel embody that style or vibe.
- Decide on your budget together and prioritise what is important to you. If you are asking vendors for prices, ask them for a business card and write their price on it for easy future reference.
- Print a few sheets of stickers with your name, email address, contact number, and wedding date (if you have chosen one) on them before you head to the expo. Why? Almost every supplier will ask for your details so they can send you more information, and this will save you the hassle of writing out your details over and over again.
- Pay attention to how well you connect with each supplier you speak to at the event and use this as an opportunity to ask questions face-to-face.
- Don’t forget to talk with other engaged couples to see what ideas they may have!
Coming along to the Brisbane Wedding Expo will take the stress and worry out of planning your wedding day. But how can you get a feel for a wedding’s location? After all, the venue is one of the most important wedding decisions you’ll make!
When it comes to wedding planning experiences, you can’t beat Moda’s Showcase for the chance to experience a wedding venue in all its glory before you book an event.
Why Attend Moda’s Showcase?
Our wedding expo gives you the opportunity to experience Brisbane’s finest wedding venue. Enjoy free bubbles and delicious canapés as you meet with some of Queensland’s best wedding suppliers and professionals, and ask all the questions you need.
We guarantee that our wonderful suppliers and live entertainment will spark amazing and creative new ideas. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek into the quality of our wedding suppliers’ services before you book them!
You’ll leave the event with a stack of inspiration, plus the contact details of your favourite new suppliers. Moda’s wedding coordinators will be more than happy to provide helpful, friendly and productive advice for your special event.
Questions To Ask Wedding Vendors
We recommend working out a list of questions to ask each supplier. Here’s a little cheat sheet with questions to ask your wedding vendors or coordinator:
- Are you available for my date?
- How far in advance do I need to book with you?
- What sets you apart from your competition?
- What makes you passionate about your job?
- Do you offer specific packages or is everything customised?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many other weddings or events will you schedule on the same day or same weekend?
- What are the names of the last couple you worked with, and what was their wedding like?
- What are your packages? Do you have something flexible that will fit our budget?
- What design styles do you work in?
- Will you provide everything (equipment and setup)?
- Can you tell me about three creative things you have recently done for your clients?
- What professional training have you had?
- How will we communicate while planning for the wedding?
- What does the process leading up to my wedding day look like?
- How many people will you staff for my event?
- Can you work with my budget?
- May I have a list of references?
Wedding expos can be overwhelming, but they can be lots of fun and a great way for you to let your imagination run wild with the possibilities of what you can create for your wedding.
If you’re keen to attend Moda’s Wedding Showcase, RSVP to our team by Monday 15 April. The Showcase is on Wednesday 15 April from 5 pm to 8 pm.
Couples can also meet our experienced Wedding Coordinators at the Brisbane Wedding Expo at the Brisbane Convention Centre from 5-7 April 2019.